Looking for an easy, healthy way to get your chocolate fix this season? Try whipping up this Vegan Chocolate Bark for the holidays. You can even put your own spin on flavors, from spicy cinnamon-cayenne to cool peppermint–all are sure to be yummy!
Vegan Chocolate Bark
Combine until smooth:
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
Once combined, add any additional ingredients for flavor. Pour onto a flat plate, preferably one that can bend, or onto parchment paper on a flat plate or pan. Spread evenly with a spoon.
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne & ¼ tsp Cinnamon*
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped Candied Ginger*
- 2+ Tbsp chopped dried cranberries or blueberries* and 2+ Tbsp salted pumpkin seeds*
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 4+ Tbsp Nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint extract*
- 4+ Tbsp Dried Coconut & Dried Banana, crushed
*Inspired by a New Chapter ingredient
Place in the freezer to harden for 5-15 minutes. When solid, cut or crack the chocolate into bite-size pieces. Eat immediately! The chocolate will soften at room temperature, but regains its crunch after a few minutes in the freezer. If there’s any left over, store in the freezer.