Want to warm up with something that’s tasty and healthy, but not too spicy? Try our super simple tortilla soup recipe! This is a great recipe for a heaping dose of whole-food goodness that takes only ten minutes of prep time and 20 minutes of cooking time. Enjoy!
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 boxes chicken broth (64 oz.)
- 8 oz. salsa verde
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can corn (15 oz.)
- 1 can black beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 2 cups tortilla strips (crumbled)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 serving Fermented Turmeric Booster Powder
- 1 organic, free-range rotisserie chicken cut up, or 3 cubed chicken breasts
Toppings: Avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro, fresh tomato, chopped black olives, slice of lime.
Look for products that are organic and Non-GMO Project Verified — and BPA free cans.
- Mix all ingredients together and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour servings into bowls.
- Top with fresh avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro, fresh tomato, chopped black olives, and slice of lime.